Missing spark gremlin strikes again!!!

List, I need some help.  Seems a little green gremlin keeps showing it's
ugly head adn it's getting depressing.  This is on the '81.  For some
reason, my car sometimes runs out of spark, and my car dies.  Happened a
couple of times now, I'll try and describe teh symptoms.
I'll be driving, the car will start lurching and jumping and die, like
all of a sudden I get intermittent spark.  Sometimes it will start, I'll
get a few feet down the road, and it will happen again.  Eventually it
will refuse to start.  Last time it happened (couple of months ago), I
followed the coil and specail coil checks in Bentley to the letter, and
everything checked out.  Still no go.  So I pulled the cap and rotor,
cleaned them off a little bit (they were still almost new), and guess
what?  Yup, started.  So, on to last night.
Coming home from work on teh interstate, I started feeling that
trademark hesitation and hoped I'd get home.  I stopped at work (halfway
home) and I checked my rotor for fun, and it's half gone.  Yup, the
business end is completely disintegrated!  The contacts on the cap are
scored badly too.  Somehow, it was still running with half a rotor!!!  I
decided to try and limp home, which I did stopped at the parts store,
got a  new cap and rotor, installed them, and now I'm stranded there.
 It won't start.  I hooked up my timing light to check for spark, and
there isn't any.  I changed my coil and it made no difference.  My fuel
pump relay is also not turning on, which I think is related.  Even if I
jump the contacts, I get nothing.  Aside from the coil checks, ground
checks, etc, what can I do to get my spark back?  Could I have a loose
wire in the fuse block or something?  Fuses are all okay, by the way.  I
need some help here, this is getting depressing.
Thanks,
Nate
'81
'84