my new purchase(s)

A1^-1 < BX^2

With a gracious loan from a friend, I've bounced back from the bicycle scene
to the VW scene.

Last Sunday I bought a pair of Fox wagons (woo!).. a driver and a fixer.
Cool cars, I might add. Unfortunately not nearly as quick as the old beat up
rocco.

Question: The Foxes (foxen?) have 1.8l engines, just like the roccos... Why
do the Fox 1.8's put out only 84hp? I feel like I got jipped..

Anyways.. my Maroon/Burgundy (what's the offical color?) driver's a pretty
nice car.. came with 14" 4000s rims and a weak clutch.. other than that,
she's a nice car.

The light blue one, I have to tow home from Long Island on Tuesday.. it
apparently needs a head gasket, rear struts, and a battery.. not so bad, eh?

Here's where I'm getting myself into trouble. My friend (as far as I know)
still has a complete 3A 2.0l setup sitting on a hoist in his garage. Am I in
for deep hurting if I feel like dropping this in my blue fox to make that
one my driver, and end up selling the red one? I hope someone can talk me
into either doing it or not doing it... I'm in limbo and need help here..

I do miss 5th gear, though.

Oh yeah, and when I'm less than half a talk, if I make a hard left, the gas
cuts out, and kicks back in when I've straightened out and slowed down.. it
gets worse the more the tank runs down.. anyone know of any inherent
problems in the Fox such as this? I found my way onto a Fox BBS on yahoo,
too.. Good times.

-Dave
'88 Foxwagen
'89 Foxwagen (fixer.. super-upper?)