Removing black framing for third brake light?

Does anybody know how to remove the black framing on
the rear window that the third brake light sits on?
I'm getting my windows tinted tomorrow and I don't
want the third brake light, it rattles too much, but
the black material that I thought was like a sticker
does not want to come off with a razor.

Has anyone successfully removed this?

Later...

=====
Jeff Lowe
Garland, Texas
'86 Scirocco 16V (Almost out of the garage)
'64 Type-34 Karmann Ghia (Got parts?)
'59 Euro Spec Beetle (Waiting it's turn for resto)
'98 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4 (Currently daily driver)