RE: problems cont (long)

I can't answer your questions but I can definitely point out where you lose
me in your descriptions:

> first off, i have a rebuilt 9A with a kraftswerk rebuilt 4K w/.71
> 5th gear. redline MTL,

Do you mean that you rebuilt your 9A transmission with 4k gears other than
the taller 5th? Actually, aren't the 4k and the 9a trannies exactly the same
except the 3.94 R&P? So, maybe you simply mean that you rebuilt the trans
with the 3.94 and the .71? Does MTL offer enough friction for the synchros
to work? I forget which is recommended.

, i had a knocking noise when it was in neutral and the clutch
> pedal was out. thought nothing of it, as everything worked perfectly.

Where did the knocking come from? -the transmission or the head? The
transmission bone and the cylinder head bone aren't exactly connected,
though, so... The idea that the cams could affect your shifting problem
escapes me.

> the problem started out with being a little difficult between shifts,

-upshifts or downshifts or both? Did the problem occur more on one than the
other? Did operating temperature ever affect the problem?
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!