[16v] I need a crank sprocket!

List,

I removed my pulleys and v-belts yesterday so that I could try and fix the
horrible metal on metal squealing noise coming from my motor and after I
took the crankshaft timing sprocket off with an impact gun, I discovered
to my horror that half the molded key inside was chipped away! Another
month and the key would probably be gone along with half of my valves!

I think the sprocket was loose and the key was snapping around the
notch in the crank like an impact hammer until it chewed through half the
width of the key. Now when I place the sprocket over the crank I can
swivel it back and forth like 15 degrees! Not good!!!!

So I need to get my car back on the road ASAP -- someone _has_ to have a
crank sprocket from a blown or parts motor that they will sell me.. I
already have a new bolt which I intended to use when I re-assembled the
belts and pulleys.

I'm in the Seattle area but if nobody here has one I'll gladly have one
shipped from elsewhere...

Now that Bry's is gone I tried Campbell-Nelson but they told me that it
was part of the crank and they wouldn't sell it seperately. Even after I
told the guy on the phone that it wasn't part of the crank and I was
holding one in my hand he told me that I would have to drive up to Edmonds
and take a look myself. Grr.. I wish there were some decent vw junkyards
around here - I've got to get my car back together!

Help!!

-Toby

--
'87 16v