Re: chassis reinforcement

chris gonzalez wrote:

> Sorry to hear that kevin. Do they have to pull the motor to fix the
> cracks in the pass. mount? It's pretty cramped in that area. What
> could've caused such extreme damage? Were you running poly or aluminum
> mounts?

Don't know how/why it's so bad, other than it probably started out not-so-
bad and got worse as it went undetected.  I have a poly front mount and
stock elsewhere.. Potterman installed the front mount shortly after I got
the car about 3 years ago.  I'm also probably at around 150 hp, which
no doubt contributed.

> With all the talk (seemingly) lately about cracked crossmembers and
> such, does anyone know what would be the best way to reinforce the
> motor mounts?

Dunno, but the guy who is fixing my car is going to be welding in some
additional reinforcement to the core support, perhaps the side mount
too.  I'll share what he did when I get it back.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA