Re: Update on BAR guage and oil pressure

--- Marc Peterson <mpeters6@rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> Not sure how the VW oil filter housings are
> designed, but a faulty bypass valve in the oil
> filter housing "could" cause low oil pressure.
>
> HTH,
> Marc

Marc may be on to something with this, I'm almost
positive that my last oil change I used a Bosch filter
that did not have the spring/valve in the center. I
think I'll try swapping it out and see if that makes a
difference.

Later...

=====
Jeff Lowe
Garland, Texas
'86 Scirocco 16V (Almost out of the garage)
'64 Type-34 Karmann Ghia (Got parts?)
'59 Euro Spec Beetle (Waiting it's turn for resto)
'98 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4 (Currently daily driver)