From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Mash
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 9:22 AM
To: jdbubb@ix.netcom.com; Kevin Collins
Cc: Joe Doty; tberk@mindspring.com; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Core support cracks, was: Rocs in the Fog this Saturday,
Sept 15th

--- Dan Bubb <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Kevin:
> So, where did the core support crack? It would be
> good to know where to
> look in case my 220K mile 84 was starting to develop
> some of the same
> symptoms.
> Pictures would be really good for reference.
> Thanks
> Dan

Generally, this seems to only happen on Sciroccos with
high output motors (120+ ?) - anyone out there have
experience to counter this idea? (very curious)

It never has happened to me (7 Sciroccos since 1977) -
the most HP I've had is probably near 110hp.

I have some literature that suggests that when VW
engineers designed the chassis in the early 1970's,
they designed it to handle up to 120 hp . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)