[tech] Oil pump and windage tray Q's...

OK, I have my replacement oil pump, I chose to upgrade to a 2.0L 16V
model.  It has a
different pickup tube than my original 1.8L 16V one.  I also have a new
VW motorsport windage tray w/ integral gasket.  Car is my 16V Scirocco
w/ stock engine.

It appears on first glance that the plastic baffle from my old pump
pickup won't transfer to the new pickup.  The pickup heads are
different shapes.

I have NOT had time to lay under the car and test fit this up...Archive
search was inconclusive.  I have these Q's ahead of time, appreciate
your help:

-Do I transfer the 1.8L pump's pickup tube to the 2.0L pump?  Or just
bolt up the 2.0L pump? (BTW I'm using the stock 1.8L oil pan)

-Do I even need the plastic baffle piece at all, since I'm using the
windage tray?

BTW Thanks to Scirocco Parts Pete for his response to my earlier email
regarding my rear main seal failure and resulting pump failure...I
appreciate your digging through your pile to help me with the visual
check on the seal.  Good man.

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

Stupid is as stupid does.
-F. Gump