RE: OT: Blood and gas

I'm about 35 miles from Indy, and I understand that there was very localized
price gouging there as well.  Some stations were charging about $5/gallon,
and right down the street they were selling it for about $1.80.  I
understand that the police invited the offenders to stop gouging or stop
selling.  Anything to make a buck, right?

I live in Columbus, IN, and my neighbor was coming back from work in Indy
last night.  He saw 9 fuel tankers in the 30-ish miles he was on I-65, all
headed to Indy to refuel.  Here in Columbus, where people are paranoid by
nature (they flock to buy milk and bread every time snow flurries are in the
forecast), police were turning people away because they were blocking the
streets.  As of 8:00 last night, the price gouging hadn't started yet, but
I'm told this morning most of the stations are dry.  One station sold aver
9,000 gallons yesterday.

Unfortunately, I am unable to give blood, but for others like me, I
understand the Red Cross is accepting money and material donations as well.
They prefer money, because that way they don't have to truck as many
supplies from as many different points, and they can purchase the supplies
they need the most.

Good to hear everyone is okay.

Aaron
'87 528e