OT: Blood and gas

--- Shawn C Meze <skerocdriver@juno.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 21:47:53 -0400 "Rick Alexander"
> <rick@brubakerbox.com> writes:
> >Remember that the blood supplies all across the
> nation will be short
> >because
> >of today's events, so donate regardless of where
> you are.
>

> San Diego sent out 400+ pints of blood (were having
> a major blood
> shortage ourselves.) to NY via Military transport.
> Blood banks report
> they have to refuse donors (told them to come back
> another day but DO
> COME BACK.) due to the huge response.

Looks like we might need some gas along with the
blood. Heard rumors of $5/gallon in Texas, so I
decided to run out and check the local gas stations.
What I saw was lines of thirsty SUVs, 4X4s, even an
old Fury III. Hopefully George The Younger will take
steps, like his father did for the Gulf War, and it
won't cost me nearly $100 to get to work every week.
Any other reports to this effect out there?

Meanwhile, my sympathies to all who have suffered from
this.

=====
Jorel Jackson
1987 16v & 1985 8v Sciroccos