CV Axles

Hey all!!

I am planning to upgrade my brakes on my A1 to 10.1 inch.  I have all the
parts to do it so that isn't an issue.  I am also installing a 2.0L 16v with
the AGB trans so I WILL be upgrading to the 100mm axles then but for now I
would like to keep it simple and only install the brakes and not the axles.
Can I use the 90mm axles in the Scirocco 16v knuckles that are setup for
100mm axles?  Since I am planning the upgrade later on I want to finish the
brakes and suspension now then when the motor is done I will do the engine
swap along with the trans and axles.  So, for now, (if they will work) I
would like to just keep the 90mm installed until the engine/trans upgrade.
LMK!!  TIA!!

Dave