Re: Seals Gaskets & Replacement parts

"Paul B. Effinger" wrote:

> I am considering the purchase of a MK ll for the purpose of restoring and a
> weekend driver and possible auto-crossing. What research I have done so far
> indicated that I will not be able to obtain replacement door/window
> weatherstripping and possibly replacement body panels.

Unless something has changed in 1 year's time, you can still get ALL seals.
Potterman got everything for my car last May when I had it painted.  I
replaced ALL rubber and seals, and also other semi-obscure parts like the
windshield squirters (including rubber one on rear hatch), wiper arms,
oem Fuba antenna (which I later didn't use and it now resides on Cheapass
Ron'sİ car), and even scored a new hood insulation pad (which by now may
be unobtainium).  I also scored new euro headlights/bumpers, taillights,
badges, door handles, etc.  About the only exterior pieces I didn't replace
were the spoiler and trim behind the license plate.

Be aware however that this stuff all costs serious $$, even with Mike's
good pricing.  My total outlay in parts was about $3700..  :0

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA