Re: Bay Area Tire shops

Tobias,
I have a good friend that worked for Discount Tire (San Carlos) and has moved
to Wheel Works in Belmont.  He will be the store manager when he gets back
from corporate training.  He's a good guy, but it's the hired help you have
to be careful about.  He knows tires and wheels!  He had his own shop before,
ever hear of Parts Plus?  He was the owner.

Putting weights on the inside only is really just a matter of setting the
balancing machine to balance in that mode.

If your super critical about your wheels, I would go with Randy's suggestion
on Roger Kraus Racing.

LMK if your interested in coming to the peninsula.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
http://member.aol.com/sailingfc/

In a message dated 9/6/01 12:04:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,