From: Marc Peterson [mailto:mpeters6@rochester.rr.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 7:16 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: started cleaning connections and adding ground wires but
problems are getting worse

Best guess is still in the fusebox/relay panel somewhere.  Don't know for
sure, but it sounds like your knock sensor is not functioning correctly,
timing way to far advanced.
Anyone know if that alternator is internally regulated???  Possibly bad
alternator, although I'd do some digging first before springing for a new
one.   Check the voltages at different points in the harness.

HTH
Marc