idle and running problems when hot?

I have a 78 rocco with a 1.5 and whenever i run it for awhile and it
starts getting warm the idle goes up to about 1100 rpm from 700,(when
its cold it runs fine) and stays at 1100, and when you give it gas the
idle goes up and comes down VERY slow until 1100 then sits there again.
Then when you turn the car off and try to start it while it is warm it
doesnt start easy it takes me having the gas pedal floored and it
turning over about 10 times or more..
I have tryed the auxilary air regulator and that didnt change the
problem at all, there is a metal tube coming from something on the head
going down to the exhaust manifold(on the back of the head right next to
the auxilary air regulator) that has a little hole in it causing an
exhaust leak, could that have anything to do with this problem?
TIA
Chris