Re: head toast? (long)

Damn guys!  Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Paulie:  Sounds like you are somehow pressurizing the block and oil being
forced out the breather tube.  Since you started with white smoke, then to
blue, think headgasket.  You started burning coolant...then the gasket
leak spread, allowing compression pressure to enter the oil passages...

Marie:  Thats sucks!  You hadn't been keeping an eye on both your ATF and
your differential fluid had you?  ATF in the diff is what kills the
autos...rule of thumb for a older VW auto.  Flush the ATF and the diff
fluid every 6 months to a year (depending on your leak rate...and they all
do eventually leak...)

Let me know if you have trouble finding a replacement trans...I know a guy
locally that has one.

Eric

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
79 Scirocco (Parts car)
80 Scirocco (Parts car)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
84 Scirocco Automatic (Katy's Daily Driver)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox