Re: fifth-gear and miles per gallon

That flap is dependent on how much air is moving, which is dependent on
who open the throttle body is, which is the throttle position. So if the
throttle body is wide open, the max amount of fuel is being pumped into
the engine. If the TB is half open, than the fuel delivery is half. So I
would think the throttle position would be the determining factor on
mileage. Of course I could be wrong, it has been known to happen.

jeremy