From: Randy B [mailto:sirocco@telocity.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2001 9:22 PM
To: Sal; Scirocco; VWofT@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Turbo

Sal,
Check these guys out.

<http://8vturbo.com/>

I have not dealt with them and I do not run a turbo but the products they
offer may get you started.

As far as the nitty gritty I'd start askin' questions in the Forced
Induction section of VW Vortex.

<http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=113>

A twin turbo in an inline 4......hmmm.....

Randy

> All this talk of turbo is getting my jittery.....
>
> I have no clue how turbos work and what the fuck they do for my car (well,
> kinda do after Reda explained it to me).  I could prolly assemble one and
> prolly install one in my car.  Consequenlty, I have two questions...
>
> 1) can someone pass one a web site which would explain further how turbos
> work and why I can't install a twin turbo in my VW?
>
> 2) does someone have the Bentley wiring diagrams for the 1.8T?  I've been
> toying around with the idea of my next project and it sounded pretty
awesome
> to either turbo my existing 8V (any web page suggestions) or swap a 1.8T.
>
> I hear that a 8V can easily be turboed by using an Audi setup.  Has anyone
> gone this route?  How about a 1.8T swap in a mk1?
>
> TIA
>
> Sal
> 81 Scirocco 16V (the daily driver)
> 84 Rabbit (in storage til next spring)
> 84 Scirocco (in storage til the winter)
> 67 Peugeot 404 (still in storage)

[Disclaimer]This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the
addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal,
professional, or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee you
must not use, disclose, or copy this transmission. This E-mail is not
intended to impose nor shall it be construed as imposing any legally binding
obligation upon GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. and/or any of its
subsidiaries or associated companies. Neither GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics
Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries or associated companies gives any
representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the
contents of this E-mail. GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. shall not be held
liable to any person resulting from the use of any information contained in
this E-mail and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do
anything in reliance upon it.