Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1932

RE:  16V/8v spring rates.

Some guestimates that may resolve the sring rate discussion.

I figure my 87 16V OEM rate was 128-135 lb/in front.
84 GTi (2 yellow + 1 green) front were 106-122 lb/in
	rear for same 97lb/in.
FYI, the Gti and the 16V Scirocco have a front lower sring perch that's
lower than some old mystery struts.

RE:  Replacing clutch fasteners

Am considering repalcing the flywheel on short term 8V clutch.  Should I
replace all the fasteners are can some be reused with the appropriate
LocTite?

TIA,

--

Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...