From: "Victor Farren" <vfarren@smtp.cdie.org>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 10:22 AM
Subject: [help] torque steer

This is with a non-power steering rack.  I take the car to get inspected and
it passes with flying colors except for the fact that when you take your
hands off the wheel and press the gas pedal, the car pulls to the right.

I make sure the tire pressure in the front tires are equal and I take the
car to get an alignment.  After all this, the car does the same thing.  The
mechanic who did the work mentioned to take a look at the motor mounts.  I
checked the front and rear mounts and they are in good shape.  I haven't
looked at the side mounts yet.  Also, the drivers side has an axle with
rebuilt cv joints, inner and outer.

Hmmm, could it be the side motor mounts?  The dash is nice and quiet so I am
guessing that the passenger side mount is ok.

Anything else to check?  The tie rods seems to be in good shape.

Thanks,

Victor