5th grade questions on coilover kits & whose to use?

Is there a difference?  Whose do you use, and why?  Whose got the best
bang for the buck (remember who I am, after all)?

Is there any downside to a particular brand?  They all seem like
variations on the same theme to me...

I'd like to maintain my Bilstien HD inserts until I can upgrade to
adjustables some year.  Any fitment issues?

Also, I can maintain my dome-top strut bearings with a coilover kit,
right?

Give the full report!

Thanks....God Bless Little Tiny Scirocco Fans! (for Jan!)

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

Stupid is as stupid does.
-F. Gump