RE: Mercedes 190E

heheh, I use to drive a vw in summer and my Mercedes 280 CE coupe all year
long
don't knock that automatic, get it tuned right and it will be great for the
long
hauls on the highways, also check if they still make the self adjusting
shock system
for the 190, I had it on my 280, and beats anything I have seen yet (would
love to see it ever made for the scirocco) 0-70MPH, suspension normal (4.5 "
off ground), 71-80 , suspension drops 1/2", 81-90 drops another 1/4" 90+
last 1/4" down for a full 1" drop at highway speeds. Man it used to hug the
road nicely... get a good set of Michelin MX4 on that puppy ,235 size and
your set for some nice road handling.

too bad my father in law loved it soo much over his 2 300D's that he drove
it on a rainy day on a beach road of Corpus, TX and hit a one ton pick up
truck at over 80MPH with it.
(the truck was parked, reason are obvious and I will not state why the pick
up jumped into the middle of the road.) well.. its no longer on the road..
but was great car...

enjoy!

Patrick