RE: sequential shift transmission conversion!

>  Why?  Cause what
>if you need to make a quick getaway from some ahole that dosen't see you
>stopping?  Better to be in a gear with accel possible in an instant than
>to have the clutch in and the shifter in 5th>.  People that just
>clutch, brake, then shift to 1st once stopped, are asking for it.

If you are quickly going through the gears to break, most likely you are in
a situation where even a quick gettaway would result in hitting the car in
front of you or next to you.

My habit usually is a little comprimise:  Going from 55 to a stop I will
break until about 45, then downshift to fourth while breaking (so I can
still speed up if needed) and leave it in gear until just before it lugs the
engine.  This way I still have power to move, but I am using the brakes to
stop, which is what they are put there for.