From: Brad Sayer [mailto:vwrocco85@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 12:15 PM
To: pbureau@home.com; soltwede@privateI.com; ubik@austin.rr.com
Cc: Fry, Larry; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: sequential shift transmission conversion!

I always thought the common consensus (among someone, I don't know who) was
that downshifting was hard on the clutch.  Basically if you downshift
through every gear as you slow you are doubling the amount of shifting you
would do otherwise.  So, it would reason that your clutch would last a lot
less time.  And for people not doing thier own clutch jobs that alot more
expensive then new pads more often.

Brad

_____________________
1987 16V Scirocco
vwrocco85@hotmail.com

>From: "Patrick Bureau" <patricdlc@hotmail.com>
>To: soltwede@privateI.com, ubik@austin.rr.com
>CC: LEF@chem-tronics.com, scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: RE: sequential shift transmission conversion!
>Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:23:41 -0500
>
>Agreed downshifting is not bad for the engine, unless you rev it pass 5K
>(grin).. I do it all the time, and my break pad last 5 years.
>
>    ___  ___________
>   /   |/_  __/ ___/  A Texan's Scirocco 1985 8v
>  / /| | / /  \__ \   http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco
>/ ___ |/ /  ___/ /   (AIM) patricdlc, (ICQ) 32918816
>/_/  |_/_/  /____/

[Disclaimer]This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the
addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal,
professional, or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee you
must not use, disclose, or copy this transmission. This E-mail is not
intended to impose nor shall it be construed as imposing any legally binding
obligation upon GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. and/or any of its
subsidiaries or associated companies. Neither GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics
Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries or associated companies gives any
representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the
contents of this E-mail. GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. shall not be held
liable to any person resulting from the use of any information contained in
this E-mail and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do
anything in reliance upon it.