Re: 7 weeks later - core support damage fixed

Thanks for spearheading this Rich...keep us all informed!  Those of us
with Mk1 getting new found power will need this too.

Eric

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Richard Deede wrote:

> Well I just got off the phone with VW Specialties who made Kevins custom
> front bar. I believe it was Ron that I spoke to. I exlained to him how it
> would be ideal if the bar could bolt in using the front bumper bolts. He
> said that he thought that the bumper bolted up too far forward and that it
> might not be possible on the Mk2's. He did say he would look at the 16v that
> he had at the shop and see if he could figure something out. I told him that
> if it could bolt in somehow, that at least 10 of us would buy one on the
> spot. I am suppose to call back middle of next week to find out if he can do
> it.
>

> Rich
> -88 Scirocco 1.8t
> -00 GTI VR6 - SOLD
> -88 Scirocco 2.0 16v - R.I.P.
> -87 Scirocco 16v - R.I.P.
>

> >From: Kevin Collins <kcollins1@socal.rr.com>
> >To: Richard Deede <rdeede@hotmail.com>
> >CC: soltwede@privateI.com, scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> >Subject: Re: 7 weeks later - core support damage fixed
> >Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 06:15:56 -0700
> >
> >Richard Deede wrote:
> >
> > > I would ABSOLUTELY buy the bar right now if it was possible to bolt it
> >up to
> > > the front using the front bumpers bolts. I wonder if enough of us
> >express
> > > interest, if he will make a bunch for us on the list.
> >
> >I don't think quantity would matter, since it's a one-off thing anyways.
> >Buzz Ron and ask him.  1 or 10, he'd probably either be game or not.. I
> >think
> >he'd be willing.
> >

> >--
> >Kevin Collins
> >Huntington Beach, CA
> >'86.5 16V 2.0
> >'00 Passat GLS 1.8T

Eric
Westminster, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
79 Scirocco (Parts car)
80 Scirocco (Parts car)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
84 Scirocco Automatic (Katy's Daily Driver)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox