Re: Non Roc.. VR6 Trans Q. lol you guys know everything

--- Dan Kraus <dirtbike@warwick.net> wrote:
> Non Roc.. VR6 Trans Q. lol you guys know everything!
>
>    I just picked up a 93 VR6 Passat. When I put it in any
> gear, The car will
> not move.  The trans makes a sound like if you take two
> marbles and shake
> them in your hand. So how can I tell if the trans is
> shot, or if its the
> clutch, or something else?

1st thing - is it in ALL gears or just one?  I just bought
a wagon with a number of teeth stripped off the reverse
gear.  Makes all kinds of bad noises (like the marble
thing) when shifted into reverse.

If it's all gears, then have someone put the car in gear
and let out the clutch.  Meanwhile, you look at the tranny
output flanges with the car on the ground.  Is one turning?
 Then you have a blown inner CV joint.  Is the whole
driveshaft turning but the wheel doesn't move?  Outer CV
joint.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80, '85, & '88 Sciroccos