Urge to kill rising (downpipe studs, etc)

As all of you who were at the Buffalo dyno day know, I had a good size hole
in my downpipe.  Last night I threw the car up on stands and went at it.  I
liberally soaked the nuts in Liquid Wench for about an hour, and then used a
small rachet handle so that I wouldn't over torque anything and snap the
studs.

So what happened.  I snapped all the damn studs off,  two of them flush with
the mouting plate, the rest with about a half inch showing.

On the only positive note of the night, the three bolts that hold the DP to
the flex pipe came right off.

So the grand total of busted things on the Scirocco is now: 6 snapped studs
on the exhaust manifold, 4 dead engine mounts, and either a failing
throw-out bearing or a dead engine thrust bearing.  Oh, and the radio quit.

Weeeee.  We're having fun now.

Marc
81 Scirocco S (wounded)
95 Jetta GLX (back in service)