Re: Argh! No!

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 20:10:29 -0600 zlegrow@home.com writes:
> My fuel pump went to the scrap heap in the sky yesterday! And I
> need to know... Is it internal to the fuel tank or external? I don't
> have any ramps right now to check...
>
> And I noticed that I'm leaving a puddle of gear oil where I park...
> Uh Oh.

The '86 Scirocco came with 2 fuel pumps, a transfer pump in the tank, and
the main fuel pump underneath the car on the passenger side, by the rear
wheel.

The transfer pump usually goes first, especially if it's still a VDO...

Peter - "the psychic" <http://thescirocco.com> - Discount Techtonics,
Peloquin LSD, Autotech-Quaife USA, Ronal USA, Motorworks, & Magnecor
Dealer -  Bear, DE 19701
'79 Scirocco 16V 25 049
'83 GTI 37 505
'84.5 Scirocco 42 133
'84 GTI 63 348  - SciRollers: '79 70 900, '84 Black, '88 Red -
Please leave feedback on <http://feedbyte.com>