Re: Carpet color question for '78 MKI(for all you experts)

--- "John C. Worden" <scirocco@powerlink.net> wrote:
> OK, I've got a '78 MkI in Brazil Brown Mettalic.  It
> has the Parchment
> leatherette
> interior.  Now they don't state in the sales
> brochure what the color of the
> carpet is,
> but I would guess parchment also.  I ask because the
> carpet that came with the
> car is actually sitting in the trunk and is brown.
> There are remnants or
> carpet on
> the front kick panels and they are very faded, but
> look like they would
> have been
> parchment or tan.  So what do you expert say?  BTW I
> am keeping this car
> totally
> stock so this is why I would like to know.

>From memory, I'd say brown (in agreement with Daun).
This pics seem to bear this out:

http://www.driversfound.com/scirocco/history/1978/broc2-1978c.htm

http://www.driversfound.com/scirocco/history/1978/broc-1978d.htm

(Thanks Greg!)

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)