Engine stand?

Well I'm in the process of planing out what I'll need to rebuild my car. I
wouldn't think the engine would stand very well on it's own, and you can't
really work on it while it's hanging from a lift. Has anyone fabricated some
kind of stand that you can set a 16v block on while you are working on it?
Or rather say you are planning on rebuilding and engine, and you have it
hanging from a hoist. What do you do then? Just set it on the floor? I
wouldn't think that it would stand straight on it's own.

Also can anybody suggest were I might be able to find a body to a 16v
(preferably red and an '88). I don't really care if anything in the car
works, just that their is no rust, and no major body damage. In seattle
would be best. Someone suggested calling "Cambel Nelson", and another person
mentioned Bry's Auto Wrecking. Anyone else know of other wrecking yards in
Washington that have VW's?

Last thing. A friend of mine mentioned that scrap yards will buy scrap cars
because they can get money for the metal. Is this true? and if so who does
this?

aireq