RE: 10.1 brake question--The Truth! (long)

> Stainless lines are also a something I get tired of hearing about.
>  I believe that this myth came from rally racers who
> had problems with the lines using them for off-road

Heh heh. I know I haven't contributed to this "myth". In fact, I've run the
regular non-plastic covered SS brake lines on my rally cars for years. I
have yet to have a failure, too. Actually, I remember that Iain Mannix
freaked out about the steel lines and he was *autocrossing*. :^)

> I have heard that cross-drilling your own rotors is bad?

Well, it *is* bad if you don't bother to balance the things. One should also
chamfer the holes to alleviate the potential for cracking. I've seen rotors
shatter after cars drive through icy puddles (rivers, actually). "crrrACK!
whack, bang, DING!" Why does this matter if the rotors will eventually wear
away??? Um... because any opportunity to maintain a function is a priority!
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!