Re: HELP! Sunroof Trim Problem

IIRC you have to pretty much remove - or at least loosen - the entire
sunroof.  Careful, because you can dirty up that new upholstery REAL
fast.  Best to get that spring sorted out now, before you install.
Bentley's instructions are pretty good, but if you go the removal
route, be warned that I found it hard to get the two tracks back in
correctly...the rearward ends kept wanting to spread and drop the trim
panel, water deflector, etc. out.  Also, they wouldn't fit into their
places.  I had to keep these 'legs' together with some string, which is
now a permanent part of my car, somewhere back up in there!

Ron
--- Robert E Matuszak <matuszakr@dteenergy.com> wrote:
> Listers;
>
> My 87 16V came to me with that sunroof trim panel taken out. I have
> re-upholstered it (nice!) and want to put it back in. I must be a
> F%#king moron because I can't figure out how to get it in. It's
> missing
> that spring, but I can take care of that later. How do you get it
> back
> in?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

Stupid is as stupid does.
-F. Gump