Getting a 87 16V

List,
Couple of questions about my soon to be new addition. I am picking up an Red
87 16V with 242K on the odo for 1K on Friday. It has PW, PS, PL, tear in
drivers seat rest of interior is almost perfect. even has factory 16V
floormats and hatch cover. The Owner even has the original lighted keys and
key ID tag. I am buying it from the second owner. the motor was rebuilt at
170K. It recently has had Bilstein Sports and Hor springs installed by
Autotech. At the same time all the injector O-rings and brakes were done. It
also has a new TT downpipe and cat. The Owner also put on a new Distributor
and Neuspeed plug wires. It also Rebuilt ACN tranny.
Their is 3 problems with the car.
1. won't start without push starting it- found a dead starter.
2. Sunroof is hard to open when cold but fine when hot- assuming needs to be
greased.
3. No 5th, goes into 5th but just spins like in neutral- no idea thinking
possibly a broken clip on the 5th.
Any ideas on the tranny?
Look slike I will be parting out the 78
Masun Dixon