From: Cathy Boyko <losinit@usa.net>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 11:22 PM
Subject: Rant - I am getting sick of cars

Here's the score in my driveway
01 PT Cruiser - very sick (tow truck sick)
99 Bug - kinda sick but faster
87 Jetta - in the body shop going on a month, sanded and dissassembled since
May
88 F150 - need I say more, it's a Ford (gas guzzler)
81 Rabbit - bought unfit and seems to like it that way (but it runs)
87 Rocco (the silver headache) And now for the Rocco content - I wash her up
to visit the big Buffalo Dyno day tomorrow (thank goodness I didn't reserve
roller time), and guess what, there IS one rubber part that I have not yet
replaced, and it is between the fuel reservior and the fuel pump, oh goodie,
all cracked and has a kink in it. Not to mention the bracket that is
supposed
to hold the fuel pump up is iron oxide or missing and the pump is hanging by
said rotten rubber hose. So out I go to shore it up. (why do I love this
car?)
Does an 8 V use the same bracket (or the whole pump for that matter)? I know
where there are dead Roccos...