From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Jeffrey Lowe
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2001 03:07
To: scirocco-L
Subject: Bob Lopez's Scirocco woes

This is sent for Bob Lopez out of Laredo, Texas.
He bought Greg Gullion's car off E-Bay and is
apparently having some issues with it. He e-mailed me
with these questions and I'll reply to him, but I
wanted him to get more ideas then just mine.
I numbered it for him since he had multi-part
questions. E-mail him directly since he's not on the
list.

Reply to: BOB LOPEZ <greddy_78040@yahoo.com>

I WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD HELP ME? YOU SEE I
HAVE AN 87 SCIROCCO 16V AND:

1. WHEN I TRY TO START THE CAR IT TAKES A WHILE FOR IT
TO KICK OVER AND START.

2. ONCE ON, THE RPMS SHOOT UP TO 2000 AND DROP DOWN
RIGHT AWAY. IT NEEDS TO BE REVED BECAUSE THE RPMS
BOUNCE BETWEEN 500-1000, RPM BUT WHILE GIVING IT GAS
IT TURNS OFF OR SOME TIMES IT BOGS AND THE RPMS DRAG.I
JUST REPLACED THE FUEL FILTER AND THE FUEL PUMP FUSE.

3. ALSO IT SMELLS LIKE GAS WHEN I START IT.

4. AND IT TAKES LONG FOR IT TO WARM UP.

5. ONE MORE THING, WHY DOES OIL BUILD UP IN THE
AIR INTAKE HOSE THROTTLE BODY AND THE PLATE ABOVE THE
AIR FILTER.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME. BOB LOPEZ