Re: I have my new Scirocco!(semi-long)

At 9:21 PM -0400 10/18/01, Richard Deede wrote:
>Hmm, cable shifting trans......how hard would it be to get one of
>those in to a MK2?

I think the biggest problem here has to do with actuating the clutch
- 02A transmissions use a hydraulic clutch, so you'd have to get the
hydraulic components that Corrados or whatever came with in addition
to the transmission itself.  I think Honnold was looking for this
stuff awhile back?

Interesting tidbit - in Europe, VW built 02A transmissions with
cable-actuated clutches into some models.  I have a friend who was
over there last year desperately trying to source these parts, but to
no avail... I wish I could remember what models/years, but I can't!
ETKA-heads, go nuts on this one! :)