8v head on 16v block? Possible? 2.0 block wanted.

i was trying to think what to do with my 16v 1.8 block and was wondering if i can through a 1.8 8v head on this block. i know it will have very high compresion will this hurt anything? anyone ever done this? would i use a  1.8 8v head gasket? any clues would help i would like to throw something a litle faster in my 78 rocco.
Anyone got a 2.0 16v block they would part with, for my 16v swap into 77 rocco?