From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Cheapass Ron
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 11:48 AM
To: alienj@bad-candy.com; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: easiest way to exhaust manifold?

I'd definitely pull the intake.  Easy to get to from atop that way.
And plan on the not-so-unthinkable: an exhaust manifold stud breaking
off.  Think penetrating oil and heat NOW before you dig in!

Ron

--- fryer <alienj@bad-candy.com> wrote:
> backround: stock 85 8v wolfs scirocco
> would it be easier to go from underneath to get the exhaust
> manifold off (what about lower front stress bar?), or should i
> just take off the intake 6 bolts right? anything else major
> involved in intake removal?
> thanks guys and gals
> chris fryer

> Get your own evilemail.com address at http://www.evilemail.com

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

Stupid is as stupid does.
-F. Gump