[fs] '84 scirocco (mine) - sorta long

  i've decided to put my '84 up for sale. i like it, but it's just not
for me. i bought it because of the price and so i could make sure where
it was going. i'm asking $750 obo, but am negotiable. please note that
most of the proceeds will be going to a paint job for my '86 8v.

1984 scirocco, 245k(?) - columbus, ohio
bronze exterior (original) with black sheepskin leather interior, 13"
tarantulas with 185/60's
power windows, a/c, rear wiper, sunroof, factory fog lights

the bad: small piece of driver seat will have to be replaced (bolsters
okay). sunroof doesn't line up quite right - doesn't leak and both tilts
and slides. minor rear wheel arch rust. slight crease in driver door
with ding on the very bottom. right rear speaker doesn't work (don't
know why). second gear grinds slightly if revs aren't matched (synthetic
oil might help; bad synchro?).

the good: real leather interior. in-dash sony cd player. 9a
transmission. new front rotors and one caliper (left). new fuel pump
relay. new oil pan gasket, thermostat, fan switch, air filter, oil
pressure switch, wheel bearing & hub (left), shift linkage components,
and ball joint (left). less than 1k on new sachs clutch.

  i will be replacing the a/c compressor with a good used one this
weekend, as well as repairing he odometer. due to the problem i had
previously with the instrument cluster, i'm unsure of the mileage.
carfax says 250k, but i'm unsure. this is the car that i had at daun's
this year. doesn't leak and is a really nice 8v for ohio. not as clean
as other, but certainly not as bad as my '85 :)  i would probably end up
keeping it if i didn't have too many other projects that i need to
finish. i'm not particularly fond of the small rear spoiler nor the
engine layout. car felt great with the 4k before the drive flange
bearing puked. runs nicely. has cruise control, though it doesn't work
(i think it's the piece on the back of the instrument cluster); i did
manage to find a cruise control arm in the same position as a non-cruise
scirocco. has great tread on the bf goodrich, but they're starting to
crack from sitting so long (sat for a year before i bought it) and being
so large. will be replacing the plug wires with new ones. i'd rather see
someone on the list get it than someone who doesn't care. please e-mail
me with questions. i'd be willing to deliver within reason. car can be
driven away. registration good until december 5th. fully insured until
sold. let me know. thanx.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com