FS: Nice '87 16V

I saw a nice 16V FS on my way home, checked it out. Please call Norris at
510 520-0088, near San Francisco (Tara Hills, Pinole). He is asking $2000,
willing to negotiate.
Here's the skinny on it, according to what I saw and was told:

Body - stock Red paint, very good condition. No AC. Power mirrors, but
driver's side has been kludged with some other type, needs to be replaced
for niceness. Sunroof works properly, needs to be lubed.

Interior - good shape all around, minor blemishes. Manual windows, not shure
about locks.  Pull out cass deck, included. Winshield looked good

Mechanical - I saw 138K on odo. He claims it has a new water pump, both fuel
pumps, plugs, some brake work (I could see the rear rotors were not new,
tho), gas tank (looked new to me), muffler (not stock), rebuilt original
alternator (looks newish). Old (original?) struts.

Tires - Big O, claims 14K miles on them, looks like it to me.

I want this car. But I already have an '88 16V (soon to have a facory-new
2.0L), and would have to choose between it or my wife. (Forget it, there
*is* more to life than Sciroccos.)

I have no personal interest in this car, cannot back up any claims about it.
I can check it out for a member if you are seriously interested in it.

Ron Antaki