RE: R/C Scirocco Bodies...

A Grasshopper! Man...now the memories are flooding. I had a friend who put
some crazy-assed mod motor in one. He couldn't even keep the thing straight
on the road! That's like putting a Top Fuel motor in my Scirocco. The car
didn't last long. I think it just finally gave up and spontaneously
combusted into a few harmless inert gasses.

Unfortunately, the hotshoes in my town (the ones in Modified, anyway) didn't
throw away motors every other week. The better drivers were in Stock anyway.
More competition = more fun!

The "Motor of the Day" syndrome, matched SCR (or whatever) cells, and
super-expensive, fuzzy-logic, peak-detecting chargers are what eventually
took the fun out of the hobby for me. You eventually even had to have that
stuff in the Stock classes to be competitive. Bummer.

Neal