Re: Insurance Q - Proving my 16v's Value

Ben,

Do a search on ebay in the completed items section.  Several black 16vs
went for just over $4k a week or two ago...that should be evidence enough.

Eric

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Benjamin Harder wrote:

> Well, as most have heard, my beloved 16v was in an accident
> last week.  The other guy's fault.  He has Progressive.
> They came and looked at my car yesterday and wrote an
> estimate of $3000 for the body damage...so now I am going
> to have to fight to keep them from deeming this a "total"
> I sure don't want to go through that extra hassle dealing
> with the salvage title and that crap!
>   When you look up the blue book value of a '86 16v w/ 140k
> you find the value to be less than $2,000.
> So, besides showing the insurance company *all* my receipts
> and pictures and such, what else could I do to prove it
> has a value greater than that of a stock 16v?  Should I
> show them other ads for nice 16v's for sale?  If so, can
> someone point me to a few good examples of other rocco's
> for sale...
>
> Thanks for the help!
>
> **My car will be fine, whether they deem it a total or not.
> The damage is only cosmetic, which is a huge relief!
> I will most likely do the repairs myself and then have the
> body shop do some finishing touches.  It will be fine...it's
> now just a matter of clearing up the insurance legality stuff.
> Fun, fun!
>

> =====
> Benjamin Harder
> 86 Scirocco 16v (in pain)
> 80 Scirocco
> 93 Passat GLX
>
> http://www.geocities.com/vwtype53/

Eric
Westminster, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
79 Scirocco (Parts car)
80 Scirocco (Parts car)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
84 Scirocco Automatic (Katy's Daily Driver)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox