[TECH] Brake Lines

Hey List,

I have to attach the brake lines to the master cylinder. I do not know which
brake line goes where! I have done a complete 16v conversion on my 81s.
Also, I have been to that the brake lines need to be the same length !?!?!
Can you tell me if the back brake lines go to the back of the cylinder and
the front lines go to the front of the cylinder, and if adding unions and
extra brake lines (to make them reach) will be a bad thing ?

Thanks,

Jason