From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Benjamin Harder
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 12:25
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Insurance Q - Proving my 16v's Value

Well, as most have heard, my beloved 16v was in an accident
last week.  The other guy's fault.  He has Progressive.
They came and looked at my car yesterday and wrote an
estimate of $3000 for the body damage...so now I am going
to have to fight to keep them from deeming this a "total"
I sure don't want to go through that extra hassle dealing
with the salvage title and that crap!
  When you look up the blue book value of a '86 16v w/ 140k
you find the value to be less than $2,000.
So, besides showing the insurance company *all* my receipts
and pictures and such, what else could I do to prove it
has a value greater than that of a stock 16v?  Should I
show them other ads for nice 16v's for sale?  If so, can
someone point me to a few good examples of other rocco's
for sale...

Thanks for the help!

**My car will be fine, whether they deem it a total or not.
The damage is only cosmetic, which is a huge relief!
I will most likely do the repairs myself and then have the
body shop do some finishing touches.  It will be fine...it's
now just a matter of clearing up the insurance legality stuff.
Fun, fun!

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v (in pain)