Re: Bugtober fest

This event is Oktobugfest and it is at the Puyallup Fairgrounds in Puyallup,
WA.  One of two events a year put on by the Northwest VW Club.  There is a
show, swap meet area, cars for sale area, usually an engine blow contest,
retail booths usually consisting of NW retailers like TT, Bahn Brenner, etc.
and local VW shops.  I believe the gates open at 9am and close at 4pm.  Cost
for the Spring Meet was $5 so I suspect it may be $5 or $6 for Oktobugfest.
It is this Sunday (October 14th).  You can get a LOT of really good deals on
used stuff and the retailers usually have 20% off (more or less) retail
prices.  The show has been over the last couple years 2/3 aircooled to 1/3
watercooled but I believe the ratio is getting closer every NW event.  I
believe you can rent a stall to sell your odds-n-ends of parts/toys/food/etc
for $20 (10' by 10' I think).  You'll find everything from T-shirts and VW
toys to full leather Recaro interiors and Turbo systems.  If you get there
early you will get first dibs on stuff but if you stay late you wheel and
deal and get the best prices.  Best to go and stay the whole 7 hrs (you
know, get your $5 worth!!).  I am sure there will be a canned food drive for
a buck off of your admission price or something (helped load the boxes of
food too many times!!).  It is a great event, not too long or too short and
not too busy or too slow.  Just hope for clear skies, or atleast clouds
without rain!!  Invite all your friends!!  I know the NW VW Club barely
breaks even on these events so it is all done in the name of a "Good Time"!!
Hope to see you all there!!

Dave

I will be there later in the afternoon