Re: Oil Drain Plug Washer (Important?)

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001 16:16:11 -0700 "Tyler Pease" <uberzip@home.com>
writes:
>I just finished changing my oil but I noticed afterward that there was
the
>copper washer sitting in my oil.  And I had already put my new oil in.
>Anyway, I don't have time to drain the oil, put the washer back on and
>put new oil in until Friday.  So is it important enough to skip college
>tonight to put it on?  I drive about 100 miles perday so there's going
to be
>around 240 miles on there before I can put the washer back on.  Thanks!

It might drip a little is all. (Depending on the condition of the drain
plug and plug port.) Is it leaking?

All you need to do is remove the plug, jam a finger over (not -IN- or you
might not get it out.) the hole and with the other hand, slip the washer
back on the plug and reinstall the plug. Taint no rocket science.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!