RE: The fate of my car

I've never dropped an engine (except in ACVW, in which that's the only way
possible), but I can't imagine that it's that much fun to pick the car up
over the engine to get the engine out.  If you have access to a hoist, it's
a piece of cake to lift the engine out, tranny attached.

BTW, no need to remove the hood if you're taking it out through the top
either.

I'm doing an engine swap in a few weeks (1.7 EN to 1.8 JH with dual outlet
manifold), and I will definitely pull the old out through the top and drop
the new in.  I have an engine hoist, without which this is nearly
impossbile.

Aaron
'87 528e
'82 Scirocco