16v's and audi tt

Hello everyone,

I drove my 16v again this weekend.  (I've been storing
it since last winter.) what a blast.  Its like
visiting an old friend.  I cleaned it up waxed it and
made sure it was running good.  It was numb when I
first took it out because if year old gas.  A bottle
of techron later it was great.

While cruising around I ended up racing an audi tt.  I
pull up to the light and these 2 younger guys in the
tt look at me.  The passenger gives me this look like
I'm drivin some old beater and ask if I want to race.
I nod and wait for the light.  I can hear the small
turbo wistling (cool sounding).  Light turns green.  I
give the scirocco all she's got.  3 gears later I have
a fender on the audi : )  Pretty cool.  I am assuming
it was the 180 hp one.  Its still cool to know that my
15 year old scirocco (that I just pulled out of my
freinds back yard 24 hrs ago) can still run with the
new stuff.  Oh well, hope everyones weekend was good.

Tony