RE: MK1 16V susp upgrade.

The suspension will bolt-up, but the front springs will be a bit stiffer
than your stock springs, and it will make your nose ride a bit high.

I don't know about the subframe, but I don't see why it wouldn't go into the
same spot as on the 16v. But now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that
it mounted to the top of the frame on my 16v anyway...(just took it off last
weekend for a clutch job)

Neal